Messy hair and giant meltdown


Yesterday one of my kids decided they would be cranky. When I say cranky, I mean she was like angry bird pumped up adrenaline. At one point I was like, "I don't remember giving birth to this cranky monster? What prompted this? Like all toddler tantrums, this one also seemed to be like, "a whole lot of fuss for nothing."

It all started yesterday morning, when I said, "Darling you know what, you need to comb your hair and keep it in place, otherwise your eyesight could go bad." I swear that is all that I said. Hours passed by  and still when she chose to walk with a crows nest over her head, happily playing with her dollies, I told her, "Anna if you don't comb your hair, I'll have to come and do it for you." She hates me doing her hair except when she wants to look "all fancy" for a playdate. She replied, "In a minute".  Hours pass by and I decide that reminder #2 just went out the window, so I sternly told her, "Anna if you keep this up, I am going to have to take you for a haircut, whether you like it or not." Things that followed were not what I expected. She yelled back, "Why are you behind my hair? You know how much I love my hair. You never understand how much I want to grow my hair like Rapunzel, do you?" Of she went and slammed the door.

Things could get wrong within a blink of an eye. At that moment, I thought, it would be good to check our my Horoscope. I have heard that sometimes the zodiac signs do play their sly games and keep the atmosphere quite stale at home.

I decided to leave her alone to think quietly for some time. After I believed I had things cooled down, I went up to her room only to find her, yell at me saying I ignored her and didn't even care to make her feel better after she spent ages alone in her room. Trust me it was just 25 mins! Anyways, here I was standing in her room, a bit lost and unable to understand what tipped her over the edge. Turns out, it had nothing to do with the hair situation! It was because she was mad at her friend Bianca for saying her hair would never grow as big as Rapunzel's. Way to go Bianca!

After a lot of tears, cuddles and kisses, the little one was back as normal. Wish she had told me sooner. It would've saved me half -a day, a lot of anger, frustration and a big bar of chocolate to let me cool down in the 25 mins( throwing my diet plans, way out of the window). I know, I know I was not supposed to buy the bar in the first place (cheeky grin).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steps to stress guard your family

5 Unknown Secrets of a Happy Relationship